Speaking in Tech: Uber and Lyft tell Austin: Hell no, we won't give you the finger
Spent over $8m trying to defeat ballot
Hosted by Sarah Vela and Ed Saipetch. This week the dynamic duo discuss Uber, Ford, Twitter, Cisco and more. Our special guest this week is Ben Kepes, technology evangelist, investor, commentator and business adviser.
Here are the details:
- (1:00) Uber drama in Austin
- (8:13) Ford throws cash at Pivotal
- (13:25) Twitter cuts off the snoops
- (19:15) Sources: Cisco in talks with Nutanix
- (23:05) Will the real inventor of BitCoin please stand up?
- (25:35) Flashback: The Singer Sewing Machine with Debbie Reynolds
- (26:05) Introducing special guest Ben Kepes
- (27:35) OpenStack and Gartner redux
- (30:55) Simon Anderson lands at Aptira
- (31:50) Product vs Managed Services
- (34:07) The future of PaaS and Pivotal
- (40:45) Containers as a science project
- (44:03) Humanity of tech
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools â€“ Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss